Delivery is usually made within 3 days if you order before 1PM. Orders placed on a Friday will usually be delivered during the following week unless a premium delivery service has been requested. Orders placed on a weekend will not be processed until the next working day.
Premium delivery services (such as ‘Saturday’ or ‘Before 12 Noon’) carry an extra cost regardless of the size of your order!
Offshore & Remote area delivery services (such as Northern Ireland, Scottish Highlands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Scottish Islands & Alderney) carry an extra cost – please refer to the table below for relevant charges and lead times regardless of the size of your order!
Delivery to Mainland UK (A & B)
- Delivery is usually made next working day if you order before 12PM Monday – Friday.
- Orders placed on Fridays before 1PM will usually be delivered by the following Wednesday.
- Orders placed on Saturdays or Sundays will usually be delivered by the following Wednesday.
- Dangerous goods can take up to 3 working days due to transport restrictions.
Offshore & Remote (C, D & E)
- Delivery is usually made within 5 working days if you order before 1PM Monday to Friday but we cannot guarantee delivery within these time scales to remote areas.
- Orders placed on Fridays before 1PM will usually be delivered during the following week but we cannot guarantee delivery within these time scales to remote areas.
- Large items may be subject to additional charges.
Extended Delivery Items
Some items have extended delivery times. This applies to most heavy or bulky items and some items of crockery. Please note we cannot guarantee delivery within the lead times quoted on the website, contact us on 01524 862010 if you need to confirm lead times.
- Our delivery team will contact you to confirm a delivery date
- Delivery of machines, refrigeration and all flat-pack items will be made to the ground floor entrance to the building. It does not include negotiating lifts or stairs.
- Customers are responsible for ensuring that products ordered will fit through doorways and into their premises. We cannot accept responsibility if it will not fit. Any carriage charges caused by an aborted delivery are the customers responsibility
- Delivery does not include unpacking or positioning or assembling items
Embroidered & Engraved Items
Orders including embroidery or engraving will not be part-despatched – please allow 10 working days for delivery.
Returns & Refunds
How to return goods
- Under Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, you have a statutory ‘cooling off’ period of 7 (seven) business days from the day you receive your goods. You should notify that you wish to cancel your contract with us during that time and a full refund be given, including any original delivery charges. Unless there is a fault with the item, you will be responsible for returning the goods to us at your expense via a suitably insured method. If the item is faulty, we will cover the cost of the return.
- Beyond the statutory minimum, Althams operates a 30 day money back guarantee for its products. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase you can return it to us within 30 days of purchase unused and in it’s original packaging for a full refund or replacement, whichever you prefer. Carriage charges will not be refunded.
- Please ensure you follow our returns procedure – in the first instance call us on 01524 862010 to obtain your return authorisation number and details on how to return your product. Do not return goods to us without a returns authorisation number.
- All products bought from Althams have a minimum one year parts and labour warranty.
- In the unlikely event that a product fails during its warranty period please call 01524 862010 and we will arrange an immediate repair.